Free Domestic Shipping for USA and AU
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 medium stalk celery, finely chopped
2 tablespoons plain flour
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons paprika
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1L (4 cups) fish stock
250ml (1 cup) white wine
400g green prawns, shelled, tails on, deveined
1kg mixed seafood (such as white fish fillet cut into 2cm cubes, mussels, calamari and scallops)
2-3 teaspoons lemon juice
100ml thin cream
1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
Crusty bread, to serve
1. Heat the oil and butter in a pan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and celery and sweat for 2-3 minutes until softened.
2. Add the flour, cayenne pepper and paprika and cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes. Add the tomato paste and then cook for a further minute.
3. Gradually add the fish stock, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly, blend in batches, and then return to the pan.
4. Place the white wine and 250ml water in a pan over medium-low heat and bring to a simmer. Add the prawns and seafood, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Strain the seafood, discarding the liquid. (Make sure you also discard any mussels which have not opened.)
5. Gently reheat the soup, and add the cooked seafood, lemon juice and cream. Stir to combine.
6. Ladle the bisque into bowls, garnish with chopped flat-leaf parsley and serve with plenty of fresh, crusty bread.