Omelette in a Bag
This is one of the easiest camping recipes, we prepare ours before we go & store in zip lock bags in the esky. The kids love making their own, adding different ingredients depending on their taste buds.
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped Onion
- I Tablespoon finely chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped Capsicum
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped Mushroom
- ¼ cup Precooked meat such as bacon or ham, diced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Add or substitute ingredients to customize your omelette.
- Other suggestions:
- Dried Oregano
- Chilli flakes or powder
- Dried Basil
Crack your eggs into a zip lock bag, seal & shake well.
Add the other ingredients, don’t forget to season with Salt & Pepper or your favourite Spice, re-seal, give it another shake. Depending on the temperature of your camp oven, it's best to double bag into another zip lock bag.
To cook, pop it into a boiling pot of water (seal to the top) over the campfire for around 10 minutes.
Just watch carefully, you may have to move the bags around a bit to prevent them sticking to the sides of the pot, depending on how many you are cooking at once & the size of the pot.
To serve, simply unseal, tip out on to a plate & enjoy!